Whitney Houston – the name immediately connects us to the wonderful, mesmerising, but painfully dark world of fame, glory, mass adulation, recognition and also mystery, suffering and tragedy! She is one of the most prominent icons of the world and she mesmerised one and all with her charisma and calibre! Being an American singer, actress, producer, model and the reigning queen of her fans’ heart, she shone in the most splendid way, and her blazing glory was so bright that she was cited as the most awarded female act of all-time by the Guinness World Records!She is on one of Pop Music’s best-selling music artists of all-time, with an estimated 170-200 million records sold worldwide! Whitney is the only artist to chart seven consecutive No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits and the only woman and second artist after Elton John to have two number-one Billboard 200 Album awards. The fame and flourish that she achieved would can make any person insane and it is virtually impossible to describe her glory in one article! But even after achieving all that is even difficult to imagine, Whitney suffered from various fronts and never had satisfaction from relationships. She was found dead (drowned in her bath tub) in her guest room at the Beverly Hilton, in Beverly Hills, California. What may have been responsible for such an incomprehensible life full of extremes? What picture does her horoscope show? Ganesha finds out…
Date of Birth:- 9th August, 1963
Time of Birth:- 20:55 pm
Place of Birth:- Newark, New Jersey
Date of demise: 11th February, 2012
Some Key Observations in the Horoscope of the Iconic Whitney Houston:
- Whitney Houston was born with Aquarius Ascendant and lord of the Ascendant Saturn is retrograde and placed in 12th House in her Natal Chart.
- A Swagruhi (placed in own House) Jupiter in conjunction with Moon, creating Gaj Kesri Yoga, was one of the primary factors that gave her extraordinary fame and mass appeal.
- Venus and Sun in Cancer gave her sensibility, sensitivity and depth as an artist.
The role of Water-signs in her emotional-creative depth and intensity:
- It can be observed that 4 of the most important planets, namely the luminaries – Sun and Moon as well as the top-rank benefics – Jupiter and Venus are placed in the water signs Cancer and Pisces. This shows her intensity and emotional depth as an artist. After all, emotions play a significant role in the life of artists!
Mercury conjunct Uranus and Pluto: a combination giving rise to eccentricity, waywardness and turmoil:
- Mercury’s conjunction with Uranus and Pluto indicates nervous breakdowns that she experienced in her life. Uranus gave her the eccentricity and the rebellious tendency and Pluto rendered its sudden, self-destructive and extreme effects. As generally known, Uranus and Pluto are two most eccentric and extreme planets in astrology, who represent everything that is unusual, strange, intriguing and also bizarre. It is observed that in the case of many famous personalities who have had a tragic end or a broken family life or a wayward love life, there is a key role that these two planets play. And, Whitney’s case is no exception.
Pluto: The separative force, added to the woes of Whitney:
- Moreover, Pluto in the 7th House indicates tough relationships. Pluto being the most distant planet from the Sun, does not augur well for relationships as it can do anything to create distance in the relationships, be it creating misunderstandings, arguments or quarrels or disputes. This also troubled her a lot in various other ways. As Moon is in Pisces, she was highly sensitive and it shows that due to the sensitvity, she got easily disturbed by the relationship.
The combination of Venus and Saturn gave her the fear of rejection and isolation:
- The Venus-Saturn opposition made her lonely in love and it also indicates a severe fear of rejection that she was suffering from. Venus in Cancer people generally look for someone to settle down with (as Cancer sign rules 4th House of universal zodiac indicating ‘home sweet home’ idea). But due to the otherwise unfavourable factors influencing her 7th House of Love and Venus – the planet of Love, she couldn’t achieve complete satisfaction in that regard.
The dangerous planetary picture at the time of her death:
- Pluto (the planet of infinite mystery and volatility) transiting through the sign of Sagittarius was in a Square position with Natal Mars posited in the 8th House of death in her chart. This same transiting Pluto was also passsing over her Natal Ketu (who also happens to be a very mysterious and intriguing planet). Owing to the dangerous influences on her 8th House (death, mystery, suffering), she passed away under mysterious circumstances. Moon was transiting through the same sign (Virgo) as her Natal Mars through the 8th House. Moon indicates water and the 8th House rules death, hence she was drowned.
May Whitney Houston’s soul rest in peace and may her glory eternally enchant people.
With Ganesha’s Grace,